Your Center of Learning announces six new coursesSeptember 1, 2011
Whether you are interested in learning how to navigate through an Excel spreadsheet or creating a professional business presentation in Microsoft PowerPoint, students can learn these and other skills in the next Your Center of Learning one-day courses.
“Your Center of Learning provides expert training and step-by-step instructions in some of today’s top in-demand software programs to build key job skills,” Robyn Phillips, coordinator of Your Center of Learning training programs, said. “It is more important than ever to have the professional training required to meet the needs of a highly competitive job market, and our one-day training courses can help you do just that.”
The latest classes to be offered by Your Center of Learning include the following:
- Excel 2007 Basic —Class starts Sept. 8. Students will learn how to use the Help system and navigate worksheets and workbooks. Then, they will enter and edit text, values, formulas, and pictures, and they will save workbooks in various formats. Students also will move and copy data, learn about absolute and relative references, and work with ranges, rows, and columns.
- Word 2010 Advanced—Class starts Sept. 14. Students will perform mail merges, create and use forms, and create master documents that include a table of contents, a table of figures, footnotes, endnotes, an index, bookmarks, cross-references, and Web frames. They will also create macros, customize the ribbon and Quick Access toolbar, and work with XML documents.
- PowerPoint 2010 Basic—Class starts Sept. 16. After an introduction to PowerPoint, students will learn to create, save, and rearrange presentations. Then, they will format text, use drawing objects, work with graphics, and insert tables and charts. They also will learn to use templates and themes, slide masters, and transition effects.
- Outlook 2007 Intermediate—Class starts Sept. 20. Students will learn how to customize Outlook and work with address books. They will search and filter mail folders, and apply and customize categories. Students will also work with personal, public, and offline folders. Finally, students will organize folders and set rules.
- PowerPoint 2010 Advanced—Class starts Sept. 22. Students will customize PowerPoint by modifying the Ribbon and changing application settings. They will also apply themes and templates, and they will work with SmartArt graphics and tables. Students will add multimedia content and interactive elements to slides, and they will learn about presentation distribution options, including PDF, HTML, and online broadcasts. Finally, students will integrate PowerPoint with Word and Excel.
- Outlook 2007 Advanced—Class starts Sept. 29. Students will learn how to stay current with colleagues via the Outlook Social Connector. They will learn advanced techniques for managing and maintaining their mailboxes. Students will create and work with notes and journal entries, share Outlook calendars and contacts, create customized email templates, and use mail merge to send personalized messages to groups of contacts.
Classes are held from 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. in one of the meeting rooms at The Center, located at 2292 South U.S. 27 (at Traffic Light 15) in Somerset, and lead by a professional instructor in that respective field. The cost of each course is $149 per person unless stated otherwise.
For more information or to pre-register for any of Your Center of Learning one-training training courses, contact Robyn Phillips at 606-677-6000 or email email@example.com.