Welcome to The Center for Rural Development’s online
employment application center!
You may review the posted positions by scrolling this page. Please check back periodically if there are no positions currently posted.
The online application is intended for use in evaluating your qualifications for employment. In order to be considered an applicant for the position(s) you have selected, you must complete the Certification and Release, the Notice and Disclosure, and the Release Authorization sections by selecting “Yes”.
- To apply online click the link provided at the bottom of each posted position. NOTE: Online application available only for posted positions.
- You may enter your information in the text box provided and/or attach your resume.
- Though it is not required to proceed with the application, please provide Educational History, Work Experience, Professional License/Certifications and contact information for at least 3 professional references and 3 personal references.
- All required information is denoted with an asterisk (*). You will not be able to continue to the next page unless all required information is complete.
- It is the applicant’s responsibility to read all information before agreeing to the terms. To “agree” to the terms, simply put the cursor over the check box and click the left mouse button.
For an overview of the Online Application process, download “Using the Online Application Tool.pdf”
When you successfully submit your application, you will receive an email confirming receipt.
If you are referred for a position and selected for an interview, the hiring department will usually contact you within 2-4 weeks after the position is closed. Hiring Officials are not required to contact or interview all candidates who have been referred.
If you are not selected for an interview your resume will remain on file for one year. You will be contacted in the event our employment needs should change.
If you experience technical difficulties, please notify The Center’s Human Resources department by contacting:
Monday–Friday 8 am–5 pm:
606-677-6000 or email
THANK YOU in advance for your interest in career opportunities with The Center for Rural Development!
The Center for Rural Development
2292 S. Hwy. 27
Somerset, KY 42501
The Center for Rural Development is a national model for economic development in rural areas and operates a $15 million dollar facility that serves Southern and Eastern Kentucky with an array of economic development programs in agriculture, tourism, export assistance, small business development, industrial recruitment and telecommunications.
ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR OF RDPC
The Center for Rural Development (The Center), located in Somerset, Kentucky, invites applications for the position of Associate Director of Rural Domestic Preparedness Consortium (RDPC). The Center is a national model for economic development in rural areas. The RDPC programs are actively involved in training for the Nation’s rural emergency responders and outreach services focused primarily on rural and tribal agencies throughout the United States.
The Associate Director of Rural Domestic Preparedness Consortium (RDPC) performs work of an administrative, managerial, and professional nature under general supervision from the Interim Director of RDPC. The goals, objectives and deliverables of this position are defined by the mission and the source(s) of funding for the program.
The Associate Director assists the RDPC Training Partners in designing and developing curriculum content, training materials, training modules, teaching aids, and manages all aspects of curriculum development for both mobile and residential certified Department of Homeland Security (DHS) awareness, performance, and management level courses. The position ensures all RDPC partners are met with the highest degree of service and consistency and manages setup documentation for compliance and certification purposes. The successful candidate will manage and conduct quality assurance reviews of all online programs. The position retains programmatic accountability and reports to the Interim Director of RDPC.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in public safety, online learning, public relations or marketing related field, or a combination of education and work experience.
Specific Skills Required:
- Working knowledge of standard technology management methods and techniques.
- Working knowledge of technical skills and course conversion.
- Experience with planning and preparing training activities and facilitating group meetings and presentations.
- Ability to write in multiple styles for a variety of audiences and exhibit excellent spelling, grammar and editing skills.
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Able to manage multiple tasks efficiently, meeting all required deadlines.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision as well as function as a contributing team member.
- Proficient in MS Office applications (Work, Excel, and PowerPoint) and familiar with course management software.
- Able to function professionally in a stressful work environment and meet multiple project milestones and timelines.
- Flexibility to adjust work schedule to accommodate specific program needs.
- Occasional travel is required as is occasional evening and weekend work.
The Center is an equal opportunity institution. The closing deadline for applications is November 15, 2015 or until a suitable candidate is found. Starting date is immediate. Qualified candidates may apply online: https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=14934371
HOUSEKEEPING & EVENTS STAFF
The Center for Rural Development, located in Somerset, Kentucky, invites applications for full and/or part-time Housekeeping & Events Staff. The Center is a national model for economic development in rural areas, serving a forty-five county service area of Southern and Eastern Kentucky and beyond, with a wide array of programs.
Dedicated, dependable and hardworking individuals are needed to assist with janitorial and housekeeping services. The Housekeeping & Events Staff are scheduled on an as-needed basis; the position(s) are non-exempt with variable hours. The work varies and is often physical. Responsibilities include maintaining the building and surrounding areas in a clean and orderly fashion. Additionally the position(s) will assist with the systematic set up, breakdown and storage of equipment for a variety of events held at the facility, including, but not limited to training seminars, conventions, weddings, etc. The position(s) retain job specific accountability and report to the Director of Sales and Events.
Minimum qualifications: Must be at least 18 years old to apply. A High School Diploma or equivalent and related experience is preferred. The position(s) require excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
The Center is an equal opportunity institution. Interested applicants may apply online: https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=575249