Welcome to The Center for Rural Development’s online
employment application center!
You may review the posted positions by scrolling this page. Please check back periodically if there are no positions currently posted.
The online application is intended for use in evaluating your qualifications for employment. In order to be considered an applicant for the position(s) you have selected, you must complete the Certification and Release, the Notice and Disclosure, and the Release Authorization sections by selecting “Yes”.
- To apply online click the link provided at the bottom of each posted position. NOTE: Online application available only for posted positions.
- You may enter your information in the text box provided and/or attach your resume.
- Though it is not required to proceed with the application, please provide Educational History, Work Experience, Professional License/Certifications and contact information for at least 3 professional references and 3 personal references.
- All required information is denoted with an asterisk (*). You will not be able to continue to the next page unless all required information is complete.
- It is the applicant’s responsibility to read all information before agreeing to the terms. To “agree” to the terms, simply put the cursor over the check box and click the left mouse button.
For an overview of the Online Application process, download “Using the Online Application Tool.pdf”
When you successfully submit your application, you will receive an email confirming receipt.
If you are referred for a position and selected for an interview, the hiring department will usually contact you within 2-4 weeks after the position is closed. Hiring Officials are not required to contact or interview all candidates who have been referred.
If you are not selected for an interview your resume will remain on file for one year. You will be contacted in the event our employment needs should change.
If you experience technical difficulties, please notify The Center’s Human Resources department by contacting:
Monday–Friday 8 am–5 pm:
606-677-6000 or email
THANK YOU in advance for your interest in career opportunities with The Center for Rural Development!
The Center for Rural Development
2292 S. Hwy. 27
Somerset, KY 42501
The Center for Rural Development is a national model for economic development in rural areas and operates a $15 million dollar facility that serves Southern and Eastern Kentucky with an array of economic development programs in agriculture, tourism, export assistance, small business development, industrial recruitment and telecommunications.
SOUND AND LIGHTING MANAGER
The Center for Rural Development (The Center), located in Somerset, Kentucky, invites applications for the part-time position of Sound and Lighting Manager. The Center is a national model for economic development in rural areas, serving a forty-two county service area of Southern and Eastern Kentucky and beyond, with a wide array of programs.
The Sound and Lighting Manager is responsible for the technical aspects of planning and coordinating events and theatrical productions at the facility, including but not limited to, lighting, audio, and video for various events. The position ensures established safety procedures are practiced and assists with the orderly set up, breakdown and storage of equipment for events held at The Center.
The position assists Housekeeping & Events Staff maintain the building and surrounding areas in a clean and orderly fashion as assigned by the Director of Marketing & Events.
The position retains programmatic accountability and reports to the Director of Marketing & Events.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
Education and Experience:
College Degree, preferably in the fine arts, with three to five years of related work experience or a combination of education and work experience.
Specific Skills Required:
- Experience in rigging, lighting, audio/video coordination and installation.
- Knowledge of the industry with the ability to analyze competitive bids.
- Knowledge of the equipment, with the ability to provide recommendations regarding major repairs, service, or purchase of equipment.
- Excellent communication, organization, and interpersonal skills; ability to comprehend written and oral communications.
- Ability to overcome obstacles and work harmoniously and collaboratively in a variety of settings.
- Exercise good judgment, with capacity to efficiently coordinate multiple projects with highly demanding time frames.
- Flexibility to adjust work hours and schedule to accommodate specific event or production needs.
The Center is an equal opportunity institution. The closing deadline for applications is December 18, 2015 or until a suitable candidate is found. Starting date is immediate. Qualified candidates may apply online: https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=14992401
HOUSEKEEPING & EVENTS STAFF
The Center for Rural Development, located in Somerset, Kentucky, invites applications for full and/or part-time Housekeeping & Events Staff. The Center is a national model for economic development in rural areas, serving a forty-five county service area of Southern and Eastern Kentucky and beyond, with a wide array of programs.
Dedicated, dependable and hardworking individuals are needed to assist with janitorial and housekeeping services. The Housekeeping & Events Staff are scheduled on an as-needed basis; the position(s) are non-exempt with variable hours. The work varies and is often physical. Responsibilities include maintaining the building and surrounding areas in a clean and orderly fashion. Additionally the position(s) will assist with the systematic set up, breakdown and storage of equipment for a variety of events held at the facility, including, but not limited to training seminars, conventions, weddings, etc. The position(s) retain job specific accountability and report to the Director of Marketing and Events.
Minimum qualifications: Must be at least 18 years old to apply. A High School Diploma or equivalent and related experience is preferred. The position(s) require excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
The Center is an equal opportunity institution. Interested applicants may apply online: https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=575249
Data Entry Clerk
The Center for Rural Development (The Center), located in Somerset, KY, invites applications for the position of Rural Domestic Preparedness Consortium (RDPC) Data Entry Clerk. The Center is a national model for economic development in rural areas. The RDPC programs are actively involved in training for the Nation’s rural emergency responders.
The position is responsible for performing data entry work: entering, updating, researching, verifying and/or retrieving data into/from various systems; and ensuring the accuracy and confidentiality of information recorded. The RDPC Data Entry Clerk will process and submit registration and assessment records to Department of Homeland Security (DHS)/Registration and Evaluation System (RES). Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to, scanning, uploading and inputting Post Action Delivery paperwork into the data website, ensuring all critical deadlines are met. The RDPC Data Entry Clerk will provide administrative duties for the Director of RDPC. The position retains job specific accountability and reports to the Director of RDPC.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
Education and Experience:
- Associates Degree, business or vocational school, or technical certification and two or more years related work experience or a combination of education and work experience.
Specific Skills Required:
- Self-starter with strong attention to quality and detail and willingness to learn new, complex topics.
- Skill in establishing priorities and timelines to meet deadlines.
- Strong client service skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications is required.
- Ability to listen and communicate with varied audiences.
- Analytical and practical problem solving skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision as well as function as a contributing team member.
- Ability to function professionally in a stressful work environment and meet multiple project milestones and timelines.
The Center is an equal opportunity institution. The closing deadline for applications is July 3, 2016 or until a suitable candidate is found. Starting date is immediate. Qualified candidates may apply online: https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=15307551