Welcome to The Center for Rural Development’s online
employment application center!
You may review the posted positions by scrolling this page. Please check back periodically if there are no positions currently posted.
The online application is intended for use in evaluating your qualifications for employment. In order to be considered an applicant for the position(s) you have selected, you must complete the Certification and Release, the Notice and Disclosure, and the Release Authorization sections by selecting “Yes”.
- To apply online click the link provided at the bottom of each posted position. NOTE: Online application available only for posted positions.
- You may enter your information in the text box provided and/or attach your resume.
- Though it is not required to proceed with the application, please provide Educational History, Work Experience, Professional License/Certifications and contact information for at least 3 professional references and 3 personal references.
- All required information is denoted with an asterisk (*). You will not be able to continue to the next page unless all required information is complete.
- It is the applicant’s responsibility to read all information before agreeing to the terms. To “agree” to the terms, simply put the cursor over the check box and click the left mouse button.
For an overview of the Online Application process, download “Using the Online Application Tool.pdf”
When you successfully submit your application, you will receive an email confirming receipt.
If you are referred for a position and selected for an interview, the hiring department will usually contact you within 2-4 weeks after the position is closed. Hiring Officials are not required to contact or interview all candidates who have been referred.
If you are not selected for an interview your resume will remain on file for one year. You will be contacted in the event our employment needs should change.
If you experience technical difficulties, please notify The Center’s Human Resources department by contacting:
Monday–Friday 8 am–5 pm:
606-677-6000 or email
THANK YOU in advance for your interest in career opportunities with The Center for Rural Development!
The Center for Rural Development
2292 S. Hwy. 27
Somerset, KY 42501
The Center for Rural Development is a national model for economic development in rural areas and operates a $15 million dollar facility that serves Southern and Eastern Kentucky with an array of economic development programs in agriculture, tourism, export assistance, small business development, industrial recruitment and telecommunications.
HST TRAINING DELIVERY COORDINATOR
The Center for Rural Development (The Center), located in Somerset, Kentucky, invites applications for the position of HST Training Delivery Coordinator for the Department of Homeland Security Training (HST) Programs. The Center is a national model for economic development in rural areas. The HST Programs are actively involved in training for the Nation’s rural emergency responders, including the National Homeland Security Certificate Program.
Under general supervision, the primary purpose of the HST Training Delivery Coordinator is to serve all Academic Partners of the Rural Domestic Preparedness Consortium (RDPC) by actively coordinating, processing and fulfilling RDPC training delivery requests.
The position serves as the first point of contact for all training requests. Responsibilities include scheduling services for all courses within the parameters, guidance and policies established by the Executive Agent. On behalf of the Consortium, the Coordinator communicates with state and local jurisdictions, facilitates request for training through the approval process and takes full responsibility to coordinate and fulfill the delivery of approved training. Additional responsibilities include general accounting functions for the department. The position retains job programmatic accountability and reports to the Director of Homeland Security Training Programs.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in communication, on-line learning, public relations or marketing related field with three to five years’ experience in supporting distance learning programs related to Homeland Security, First Responder or Military training programs, or a combination of education and work experience.
Specific Skills Required:
- Self-starter with strong attention to quality and detail and willingness to learn new, complex topics.
- Skill in establishing priorities and timelines to meet deadlines.
- Strong client service skills.
- Possess the ability to listen and communicate with varied audiences.
- Ability to write in multiple styles for a variety of audiences and exhibit excellent spelling, grammar and editing skills.
- Analytical and practical problem solving skills.
- Ability to function professionally in a stressful work environment and meet multiple project milestones and timelines.
- Some knowledge of Accounting.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills including Power Point, Excel and Word.
The Center is an equal opportunity institution. The closing deadline for applications is May 9, 2014 or until a suitable candidate is found. Starting date is immediate. Qualified candidates may click here to apply online.