Welcome to The Center for Rural Development’s online
employment application center!
You may review the posted positions by scrolling this page. Please check back periodically if there are no positions currently posted.
The online application is intended for use in evaluating your qualifications for employment. In order to be considered an applicant for the position(s) you have selected, you must complete the Certification and Release, the Notice and Disclosure, and the Release Authorization sections by selecting “Yes”.
- To apply online click the link provided at the bottom of each posted position. NOTE: Online application available only for posted positions.
- You may enter your information in the text box provided and/or attach your resume.
- Though it is not required to proceed with the application, please provide Educational History, Work Experience, Professional License/Certifications and contact information for at least 3 professional references and 3 personal references.
- All required information is denoted with an asterisk (*). You will not be able to continue to the next page unless all required information is complete.
- It is the applicant’s responsibility to read all information before agreeing to the terms. To “agree” to the terms, simply put the cursor over the check box and click the left mouse button.
For an overview of the Online Application process, download “Using the Online Application Tool.pdf”
When you successfully submit your application, you will receive an email confirming receipt.
If you are referred for a position and selected for an interview, the hiring department will usually contact you within 2-4 weeks after the position is closed. Hiring Officials are not required to contact or interview all candidates who have been referred.
If you are not selected for an interview your resume will remain on file for one year. You will be contacted in the event our employment needs should change.
If you experience technical difficulties, please notify The Center’s Human Resources department by contacting:
Monday–Friday 8 am–5 pm:
606-677-6000 or email
THANK YOU in advance for your interest in career opportunities with The Center for Rural Development!
The Center for Rural Development
2292 S. Hwy. 27
Somerset, KY 42501
The Center for Rural Development is a national model for economic development in rural areas and operates a $15 million dollar facility that serves Southern and Eastern Kentucky with an array of economic development programs in agriculture, tourism, export assistance, small business development, industrial recruitment and telecommunications.
The Center for Rural Development (The Center), located in Somerset, Kentucky, invites applications for the position of Staff Accountant. The Center is a national model for economic development in rural areas, serving a forty-five county service area of Southern and Eastern Kentucky and beyond, with a wide array of programs.
The Staff Accountant facilitates the financial components of grants through proposal budgeting, ongoing monitoring, reporting, compliance, and audit. The position collaborates with program managers on grants from the government (federal, state and county) and/or corporations and foundations.
General accounting duties include, but are not limited to, reconciliations, Accounts Receivable/Payable, billing, and financial statement preparation as assigned. The position reports to the Controller.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Accounting, Business Administration or related field with three to five years of work related experience in grants/contracts reporting and compliance in the fiscal department of a not-for-profit organization, or a combination of education and work experience.
Specific Skills Required:
- Experience with grants, non-profit and governmental accounting.
- Familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices and procedures related to both general accounting and grants management.
- Advanced skills in Excel, including functions and formulas.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to be trustworthy with confidential information.
- Ability to organize and coordinate multiple tasks efficiently; extremely meticulous when it comes to details.
The Center is an equal opportunity institution. The closing deadline for applications is September 13, 2015 or until a suitable candidate is found. Starting date is immediate. Qualified candidates may apply online: https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=14542311
HOUSEKEEPING & EVENTS STAFF
The Center for Rural Development, located in Somerset, Kentucky, invites applications for full and/or part-time Housekeeping & Events Staff. The Center is a national model for economic development in rural areas, serving a forty-five county service area of Southern and Eastern Kentucky and beyond, with a wide array of programs.
Dedicated, dependable and hardworking individuals are needed to assist with janitorial and housekeeping services. The Housekeeping & Events Staff are scheduled on an as-needed basis; the position(s) are non-exempt with variable hours. The work varies and is often physical. Responsibilities include maintaining the building and surrounding areas in a clean and orderly fashion. Additionally the position(s) will assist with the systematic set up, breakdown and storage of equipment for a variety of events held at the facility, including, but not limited to training seminars, conventions, weddings, etc. The position(s) retain job specific accountability and report to the Director of Sales and Events.
Minimum qualifications: Must be at least 18 years old to apply. A High School Diploma or equivalent and related experience is preferred. The position(s) require excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
The Center is an equal opportunity institution. Interested applicants may apply online: https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=575249