Get Going with QuickBooks
Students will use the basic features of QuickBooks to record and track business transactions.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Explore the QuickBooks interface and access the QuickBooks centers available in QuickBooks 2010 to familiarize yourself with the application
- Set up a company and update the chart of accounts using the EasyStep Interview Wizard feature
- Build and manage lists using the options available in the QuickBooks centers
- Manage inventory using the options in the Vendor Center
- Record a product sale in QuickBooks using the options in the Customer Center
- Create invoice for services using the options in the Vendors Center
- Work with bank accounts using the options provided in the Banking section of the QuickBooks interface
This course is designed for persons who have no prior knowledge of how to use QuickBooks, or for persons who are familiar with the software and want to learn about the new features and functionality of QuickBooks 2010.
(Students must register at least five days before the start of class.)
Meet the Instructor
Carol Whitson, owner of Computer Specialty Services, is a certified Microsoft Office specialist and has her GISP (Geographic Information Specialist Professional) certification. She is proficient in Microsoft Office family of products, QuickBooks, and Sage software, and has taught various custom software courses.