Introduction to Computers Using Windows 10
Whether you’re new to computers or have used them in the past, this class will help you become more comfortable using a personal computer and, more specifically, the Windows 10 interface.
Course Technical Requirement: Students will need to bring their own laptop with Windows 10 software.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Access Windows 10
- Use Windows apps and desktop applications to complete day-to-day tasks, including installing new apps and multitasking with multiple programs
- Work with files and folders by using File Explorer and OneDrive
- Use Cortana as your virtual personal assistant and use Edge for web browsing
- Customize the Windows 10 environment
- Install and remove printers and peripheral devices
- Use Windows 10 security features to create more secure passwords and protect your device against common attacks
This course is designed for any end user who is interested in learning about and using the features and functionality of the Windows 10 operating system for personal and/or professional use.
(Students must register at least five days before the start of class.)
Meet the Instructor
Carol Whitson, owner of Computer Specialty Services, is a certified Microsoft Office specialist and has her GISP (Geographic Information Specialist Professional) certification. She is proficient in Microsoft Office family of products, QuickBooks, and Sage software, and has taught various custom software courses.