Introduction to Computers Using Windows 7 w/Carol Whitson
Course Objective: Participants will become familiar with the basic components of personal computers, log on to Windows 7, explore the Windows 7 interface, manage files and folders, use the common tools and programs available in Windows 7, customize the Windows 7 desktop, and browse the Internet.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- examine the parts that make up a personal computer to familiarize yourself with the basic components and individual functions of each component
- explore the Windows 7 operating system after logging on to it using the personal computer
- manage files and folders using Windows Explorer to navigate to folders and manage files
- understand application software, and use common tools and applications that are part of the Windows 7 operating system such as the WordPad word processor, the Paint tool, the Calculator tool, among others
- customize the Windows 7 desktop using the customizing tools and shortcuts to personalize the desktop to suit your business requirements
- examine networking tools and features so that you can browse for information using the Internet
Target Student: This course is targeted to individuals who do not have any background, knowledge, or experience in computers and who need to use personal computers at home or the office.
Prerequisites: There are no prerequisites required for this course.
1 Day 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. (classroom) Students can opt to register for 1 of the 2 days. (classroom)