Microsoft Office PowerPoint Level 1 & 2
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Identify the components of the PowerPoint 2010 interface
- Create a presentation
- Format text on slides
- Add graphical objects to a presentation
- Modify graphical objects in a presentation
- Work with tables in a presentation
- Add charts to a presentation
- Prepare to deliver a presentation
This course is intended for students who are interested in learning the fundamentals needed to create and modify basic presentations using Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2010.
Students should be familiar with using personal computers, and have used a mouse and keyboard. They should be comfortable with the Windows environment and be able to use Windows to manage information on their computers. Specifically, they should be able to launch and close programs; navigate to information stored on the computer; and manage files and folders. Students should have completed the following courses or possess equivalent knowledge before starting with this course:
- Microsoft® Office Windows® XP Introduction
- Microsoft® Office Windows® XP Professional Level 1
- Microsoft® Office Windows® XP Professional Level 2
- Microsoft® Office Windows® 2000 Introduction
This course is one of a series of Element K courseware titles that addresses Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) certification skill sets. The MOS certification program is for individuals who use Microsoft’s business desktop software and who seek recognition for their expertise with specific Microsoft products.
Day 1: Level 1 – $99
Day 2: Level 2 – $99
Full two-day training: $198
Students can opt to register for one or both days of training.
Meet the Instructor
Carol Whitson, owner of Computer Specialty Services, is a certified Microsoft Office specialist and has her GISP (Geographic Information Specialist Professional) certification. She is proficient in Microsoft Office (2007-2013) family of products, QuickBooks, and Sage software and has taught various GIS and custom software courses.