Microsoft Office Word 2016: Part 1
These days, most people take electronic word processing for granted. While we may still write out our grocery lists with pen and paper, we expect to use a computer to create the majority of our documents. It’s impossible to avoid word-processing software in many areas of the business world.
Managers, lawyers, clerks, reporters, and editors rely on this software to do their jobs. Whether you are an executive secretary or a website designer, you’ll need to know the ins and outs of electronic word processing.
Microsoft Word 2016 is designed to help you move smoothly through the task of creating professional-looking documents. Its rich features and powerful tools can make your work easy, and even fun. In this course, you’ll learn how to use Word 2016 to create and edit simple documents; format documents; add tables and lists; add design elements and layout options; and proof documents.
This course covers Microsoft Office Specialist exam objectives to help students prepare for the Word 2016 Exam and the Word 2016 Expert Exam.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will learn fundamental Word 2016 skills.
- Navigate and perform common tasks in Word, such as opening, viewing, editing, saving, and printing documents, and configuring the application
- Format text and paragraphs
- Work with lists
- Analyze data
- Perform repetitive operations efficiently using tools such as Find and Replace, Format Painter, and Styles
- Enhance lists by sorting, renumbering, and customizing list styles
- Create and format tables
- Insert graphic objects into a document, including symbols, special characters, illustrations, pictures, and clip art
- Format the overall appearance of a page through page borders and colors, watermarks, headers and footers, and page layout
- Use Word features to help identify and correct problems with spelling, grammar, readability, and accessibility
(Students must register at least five days before the start of class.)
Meet the Instructor
Carol Whitson, owner of Computer Specialty Services, is a certified Microsoft Office specialist and has her GISP (Geographic Information Specialist Professional) certification. She is proficient in Microsoft Office (2007-2013) family of products, QuickBooks, and Sage software and has taught various GIS and custom software courses.