The Center for Rural Development, located in Somerset, Ky., invites applications for a Work Readiness Training Facilitator to deliver fast-paced, interactive, motivational and consistently high-quality training in group settings throughout a multi-county region in eastern Kentucky. This is a full-time contractual position requiring a “self-starter” mentality and a high level of personal responsibility. Minimum qualifications: Bachelors degree, preferably in teaching or a related field, with five years of related work experience.
Scope of Work and Qualifications
TITLE: Work Readiness Training Facilitator
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Independent Contractor
REPORTS TO: Workforce Training & Advancement Director
The Work Readiness Training Facilitator is responsible for management, facilitation, delivery and continued modification of an established work readiness training curriculum, including the development of additional training modules or customized training for employers. Training will occur in group settings throughout a 36-county region in Eastern Kentucky. This is one of three positions and the region will be divided into three primary service blocks and assigned geographically to attain maximum efficiency. This position will work primarily in the counties of Bell, Breathitt, Clay, Jackson, Knott, Knox, Lee, Leslie, Letcher, Owsley, Perry, and Wolfe. The Work Readiness Training Facilitator will deliver fast-paced, interactive, motivational and consistently high-quality training in two to eight hour sessions. This work will adhere to the service delivery strategies of the Center for Rural Development, and the Eastern Kentucky C.E.P., Inc., and Cumberlands Workforce Investment Boards.
The Work Readiness Training Facilitator will provide training to jobseekers and workers as identified by the appropriate Local Workforce Investment Area to advance workplace success, job retention and employer satisfaction within the workforce of eastern Kentucky. The Work Readiness Training Facilitator will also provide training and communication necessary to promote effective coordination of work readiness training and will act as a collaborating partner between the agencies’ staff leadership, contractor staff, and designated employers. Documentation, reporting and evaluation will be done at regular intervals to assure transparency, accountability, and superior deliverables.
The position requires a strong work ethic, a “self-starter” mentality, a high level of personal responsibility, and discretion and independent judgment with respect to matters of significance that retain to programmatic accountability.
- Must possess a Bachelors degree, preferably in teaching or a related field, with five years of related work experience, or a combination of education and work experience.
- Must demonstrate superior public speaking skills and the ability to facilitate and engage groups in a training environment.
- Must be able to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, and be outgoing, perceptive and self motivated, with the ability to work harmoniously with a wide variety of people.
- Must understand workplace issues, analyze problems, provide insightful feedback and make sound decisions to ensure positive resolution.
- Must possess excellent planning and organization skills.
The work will require travel by car within a multi-county region and standing for extended periods of time in a classroom setting. There will be short to long periods of standing, sitting, typing, computer, and telephone work. There will be some lifting, bending, pushing, pulling, stooping, reaching and carrying of light to heavy items, such as books, papers, files, office supplies, and light office equipment. The work requires the ability to transport oneself to and from multiple work sites.
- Deliver work-readiness training for The Center and its clients using an existing, but fluid curriculum.
- Analyze and revise the work-readiness training curriculum based on personal expertise, real-time classroom experience, and feedback from agency leadership and employers.
- Develop new modules or customized training, as necessary.
- Provide training on a flexible schedule, with the long term goal of establishing a consistent training schedule that covers the service areas and can serve as a model for expansion into other service areas.
- Coordinate training schedules, training locations and facility needs, and maintenance of training records.
- Develop and complete timely reports to document deliverables and maintain accountability.
- Stay abreast of the workplace issues and soft skills training trends to maintain curriculum relevancy.
- Frequent travel between counties will be required and occasional overnight travel may be required for the operational management of the organization.
- Other related duties as assigned.
BASIC STANDARDS FOR ALL CONTRACTORS:
- Treats all staff, patrons, clients and customers with courtesy, respect and consideration.
- Has knowledge of the contracting organization, its functions and services and protects the integrity of the organization, its patrons, clients, customers and workers by maintaining confidentiality of all business information, as appropriate.
- Conserves resources by using equipment and supplies only as necessary to perform position duties.
- Maintains a safe work environment to minimize risk to oneself and staff by complying with all safety/risk management policies and procedures.
- Maintains a professional and businesslike appearance appropriate for the position to promote and maintain the organization’s image in the community.
- Maintains efficient flow of work by reporting to work at assigned or scheduled times; follows procedures for notification of absence or time off requests. Participates with special projects, as requested.
- Complies with the requirements regarding completion of required paperwork, such as time and attendance reports, progress reports, regulatory reports and necessary filings.
- Performs all position responsibilities with a friendly, positive and team-oriented attitude.
Interested parties may submit a resume by email to email@example.com.
Resumes may also be mailed to the following address:
The Center for Rural Development 2292 South Highway 27 Suite 300 Somerset, KY 42501 ATTN: Mable Duke
All resumes must be received no later than Sept. 5, 2012.