The Center for Rural Development has been selected as one of several venues across Kentucky to host the Kentucky Arts Council’s traveling exhibit titled “Ways of Seeing.”
The exhibit features artwork that depicts alternate reality. The work is abstract, conceptual, fantasy-based, and experimental. Each work is by an artist in either the Kentucky Crafted program or who has received an Al Smith Individual Artist Fellowship.
Artists participating in “Ways of Seeing” exhibit are:
- Trent Altman, Louisville
- Lisa Austin, Louisville
- Pat Banks, Richmond
- Patricia Brock, Louisville
- Geoff Carr, Louisville
- Bruce Frank, Georgetown
- Linda Fugate-Blumer, Lexington
- Timothy Gold, Independence
- Ellen Guyer, Lexington
- Michael McCardwell, Shelbyville
- Gary Mesa-Gaido, Morehead
- Yvonne Petkus, Bowling Green
- Patricia Ritter, Burkesville
- Arturo Alonzo Sandoval, Lexington
- Sandy Sasso, Almo
- Karen Spears Springate, Lexington
- Deborah Stratford, Louisville
- Jenny Zeller, Louisville
“Ways of Seeing” exhibit is free of charge and open to the public. The exhibit will be on display through August 27.
The Kentucky Arts Council, the state arts agency, fosters environments for Kentuckians to value, participate in and benefit from the arts. Kentucky Arts Council funding is provided by the Kentucky General Assembly and the National Endowment for the Arts.