The Rural Domestic Preparedness Consortium (RDPC) recently provided the MGT 335: Event Security Planning for Public Safety Professionals training course in Knoxville, TN. RDPC consortium member Eastern Kentucky University (EKU) orchestrated the course delivery, and approximately fifty trainees attended. The participants completed a follow-up survey to compile data about real-world impacts of the course. Here is some helpful information for those considering this RDPC course, provided by one of those attendees:
- What is the most important thing that you are taking away from this course?
- To assist in asking clients/planners correct questions & consider security implications.
- What did you think of the course as a whole?
- Entertaining, thought provoking with real world experiences as examples.
- What types of events in your area can benefit from what you learned?
- Public events, contentious figures speaking at events.
RDPC offers an extensive catalog of training specifically tailored to fit the needs of emergency responders in small, rural, and tribal communities. Visit ruraltraining.org to learn more about currently scheduled deliveries, or to request a course in your area.