New redesigned websiteAugust 21, 2012
Educators, parents, students, and business and community leaders in Southern and Eastern Kentucky now have a new Internet presence—and expanded social media platforms—to keep up with what’s going on in education throughout the region.
Forward in the Fifth, an affiliate of The Center for Rural Development, has launched a redesigned interactive website, www.fif.org, that highlights a wide variety of initiatives and model programs schools and communities are implementing to address education issues in the region and across Kentucky.
“Our new and expanded website gives us a viable presence in celebrating and improving education across Southern and Eastern Kentucky,” said Jim Tackett, executive director of Forward in the Fifth. “The rapid changes in teaching and learning across the commonwealth illustrate the need for updated and frequent communication.”
The website was designed by The Center’s professional web department and introduces Forward in the Fifth’s new logo and branding standards. It also incorporates more opportunities for education supporters to interact with the nonprofit organization through expanded social media platforms.
Some of the new features on the website include:
- Brief history of Forward in the Fifth, its grassroots movement, and completed and current projects
- Full membership list of Forward in the Fifth board of directors and its current 2010-2013 strategic plan
- Online opportunities to donate to Forward in the Fifth and support program initiatives in its 42-county primary service area and beyond
- Social media presence via Facebook, YouTube, and Flickr, allowing instant access to events and correspondence with Forward in the Fifth staff while archiving photos and videos for future use
- Extensive calendar of events identifying Forward in the Fifth’s involvement in education-related initiatives throughout the region
- Up-to-date news stories about Forward in the Fifth activities
- Clickable access to educational resources and best practices addressing college/career readiness to assist educators, students, parents, and community leaders
- Expanded access to nominate progressive leaders for annual awards and periodic mini-grants availability to support education-related efforts
- Links to colleges and universities serving the region’s residents
“Forward in the Fifth is making it easier for our supporters and education leaders to stay informed and up to speed with today’s top web technology,” said Tackett. “Individuals can follow Forward in the Fifth on the website through its current programs, calendar of events, and social media.”
For more information about Forward in the Fifth, contact Jim Tackett, executive director, at 606-677-6000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org